The Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe) is a public-law health-care body that carries out prevention, research and services in the areas of animal health and food safety. IZSVe is responsible for the Region of Veneto, the Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia and the Autonomous Provinces of Trento and Bolzano. IZSVe is part of a network of 10 experimental Zooprophylaxis institutes with similar functions and different areas of competence distributed throughout the Italian territory.
The new double challenge:
- Complete the computerized laboratory management by implementing a LIMS that could interact with the existing management program.
- Manage laboratory samples and quality control samples (QC) automatically, increasing the process automation level and thus reducing the probability of error.
This new project by Open-Co saw the integration of new modules and verticals into the already operational LIMS. For the implementation of the interface it has been used Prolab.Q “PQ Service” module. In the second part of the project IZSVe’s Chemistry Division has developed two highly automated pilot methods in collaboration with Open-Co:
1) Automatic creation of the analytical batch;
2) Sending to the analysis tool the sequence of samples to be analyzed;
3) Return of all instrumental data to the IGateway software that then sends all data back to Prolab.Q LIMS.