Prolab.Q – LIMS
Prolab.Q is the new-generation LIMS system (Laboratory Information Management System) designed to satisfy the needs of small, medium and big testing laboratories – in different fields of application and technical sectors.
The software has an innovative structure based on processes, thus ensuring the ideal versatility in order to support the lab in the management of:
- the entire sample’s life – from its acceptance to the emission of the Test Report;
- an entire commissioned order – from quotation to planning and execution;
- a research project.
Prolab.Q fully supports companies compliant to following quality standards: UNI CEI EN ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001, has been created and tested to work according to GLP and GMP and is in line with CFR 21 PART 11.
Prolab.Q modules for laboratory
Thanks to this Prolab.Q module it is possible to manage the entire sample’s lifecycle:
- Acceptance of samples (single samples or groups/batches)
- Print of barcode labels. Customizable layouts and contents.
- Workloads assignment to respective users/departments
- Management of electronic or paper WorkLists
- Valorization of analytic parameters on masks (for single batch or group of analysis)
- Automatic calculations (uncertainty, confidence, parameters – subparameters,ecc)
- Monitoring of progress and validation of results and samples
- Emission of Test Reports compliant to the 17025 standard and possibility to send them automatically via mail (+ PQSender module)
This is the module that enables the management of operations on laboratory materials (reagents, standard, soils, glassware, etc.)
- Records of items, suppliers, producers, storehouses
- Emission of purchase request and orders to the suppliers
- Warehouse transactions that can be managed through customizable clauses
- Stock monitoring
- Recording of events such as “cap opening”, automatic calculation of deterioration dates, print of adhesive labels
- Summary prints for all management phases (order history, transactions history, stock, labels, etc.)
It manages complete and customizable data registries of all laboratory instruments, and records calibrations and maintenance works on instruments.
- System features that can be defined for any instrument type (n° inventory, physical location, pertaining department, purchase date, start of usage, supplier, operational status, etc.)
- Possibility to be connected to tests, methods,users with automatic alerts
- Mgmt of documents (+ Documents module) connected to single instruments (manuals, datasheets, instructions for use, etc.)
- Recording of interventions on equipment
- Calibration and maintenance planning, control sheets (+Calendar module)
It allows to plan and record any activity
- Management of standard schedules, sampling plans, interventions on instruments, and so on.
- Automatic calculation of schedules according to frequency rules that can be fully customized
- Distribution lists can be defined for any schedule
- Summary prints and statistics
The module allowas to query system archives with customizable filters. Data extraction with comparisons among analytic parameters.
- Statistical information provided by the system
- Creation of control sheets on any recorded parameter
- Data extraction Excel compatible
- Graphical comparison (most common graphic types available)
It’s the Prolab.Q module designed to manage quotations and commissioned orders
- Creation and emission of new quotations
- Possibility to include any activity defined in Prolab.Q (analytic and consulency services)
- Quotations and negotiations progress
- Management and planning of commissioned orders
The module creates invoices (or pre-invoices) according to data defined in the price-lists associated to the single analysis package for accepted samples
- Creation of invoices on a single acceptance order or according to specific rules set by the user
- Print of invoices and automatic sending via mail or fax
- Management of payment plans
- Publishing of invoices on the web (+ Weblab module)
- Possibility to interface te system with accounting programs
It manages in a structured way any type of electronic document, integrating both pre-existing documents and real-time generated documents with integrated Report Builder feature
- Contextualized distribution, any document can be associated to a single context (sample, method, equipment, and so on)
- Control of documental flow: editing, approval, distribution
- Automatic management of drafts and automatic alert of new releases
- Scanning of incoming documents and history of outgoing documents
The module enables the management of non compliances, preventive and corrective actions.
- Management of Non Compliances, identified by progressive number, where all relevant infos are stored
- Management of corrective/preventive actions: the mask of corrective/preventive actions manages actions to be performed and dates. Every action can be easily identified by its progressive number.
Specific module for the collection in PDF and p7m format of outgoing documents (test reports, certificates, invoices) and for the automatic sending of digitally signed documents.
- Automatic application of 1 or more digital signatures on documents
- Possibility to send documents in a legal format, in order to avoid thee sending of paper version (+module PQSender .p7m)
- Possibility to choose among different preset templates
- Possibility to send digitally signed documents through “Posta Elettronica Certificata”
The Weblab module allows to provide infos about the current analytic situation through a browser Internet
- Possibility to publish the progress of orders, samples, test values, documents (test reports, invoices, and so on)
- Possibility to make the portal accessable by the customers, in order to check the progress of commissioned orders
- Visibility rights can be set according to a specific profile or user
- Graphic adaptation of the portal to the laboratory’s corporate image
Specialized modules for Laboratory
This is the Vertical Module for the integrated management of Quality Assurance & Quality Control, the aspects of data quality management required by standard analytic methods. The aim of this specialized module is to ensure a documented analytical process that generates reliable data.
- Planning of analytic protocols for the quality of QAPP data (Quality Assurance Project Plan)
- Creation and elaboration of analytic batches
- Positioning of analytic batch of QC samples as expected by the QAPP plan
- File export for instrumental analytic batch
- Creation and elaboration Data PAckage
- File export through EDD (Electronic Data Deliverable) layout
This vertical module is the perfect tool for companies with machineries and plants conducting emissions into the atmosphere. It allows the management of all data as expected by national standards on safety and protection of the environment.
- Data related to emission points
- Determination of information related to gas composition for any single sampling cycle
- Association of sampling lines to analytic parameters through a dedicated tool
- Input of test results and automatic calculation of concentration and mass flow
- Print of test reports
Current legislation expects all waste to be coded according to the European Waste Catalogue – as stated in the D.Lgs. 152/2006, attachment D, part IV. The attribution of the relevant code is the premise for its classification as hazardous or not. The Waste specialized module allows to manage and calculate all data required by the standard for waste classification.
- Registration of waste type to be classified
- Management of opinions and notes to be published on test report
- Input of analytic profile in related sample
- Elaboration and classification proposal
- Print of test report with waste features description, sampling data, analytic data, and so on
The Microbiology vertical module provides to the user an amount of possibilities for the management and traceability of all steps performed by the technician before and after sample analysis, for the management of data and final result.
- Microbiology Quality Control: dedicated to all activities the laboratory has to execute befor the sampling phase (air quality control, soil control, autoclaves, and so on.
- Data input
It is the specialized module for the management of sampling and analysis in work environments.
- Recording of sample and sampling information
- Input of test results and automatic calculation of concentration
- Emission of the test report where sampling parameters, method, measurement unit, value, limits, analysis date are highlighted
The new ARfD% specialized module in Prolab.Q allows to manage multiresiduals and ARfD% calculations for all analyzed substances; with a Pass/Fail system it states which products can be sold to which retailer/country.
- ARfD calculations for all analyzed substances
- Pass/Fail analysis of products
- Automatic updates of Pesticides limits (UE and retailers’)
- Immediate automatic result
- Automatic reports with photos, charts, graphs
Interfacing with equipment
This module has been designed to interface with the LIMS analytic instruments of the laboratory, in order to automate the acquisition of analytic results in Prolab.Q. he system architechture is made up of two sections:
- I-Gateway Server manages the recording of parameters received by single instruments, rules the users accesses according to preset visibility rights, manages the validation of received data, communicates with Prolab.Q for the final transfer of results, ensuring its traceability
- I-Gateway Client manages communication protocol for any interfaced instrument
Thanks to this module it is possible to manage all changes needed on the operative masks of Prolab.Q after the initial configuration phase. This involves no additional costs, for the continuous improvement of the system during the years. All changes made on the masks can immediately be made effective in the LIMS, with no need of any external intervention or reconfiguration.
The module allows to change existing reports or to create new ones
- Customization of the graphical layout of any report
- Preview and print of reports
- Report export in PDF or Ms Office format, with possibility to create file archives of generated prints